Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Sometimes I hate my job


Yes, sometimes I hate my job. No I don't hate my boss, or the hours, or the pay, or the benefits. In fact, for the first time in a long time I am pretty happy with all of those. No today, I hate the actual work. This week, I was tasked with the assignment of calling students who had not filled out a form. Sounds simple enough, but it was quite possibly the most frustrating thing I can ever remember doing. These hundred or so students had not filled out a form that allows our office to disburse their financial aid the "Financial Aid Disbursement Authorization Statement," and I had to call the irresponsible brats to tell them that they had thousands of dollars of free money awaiting them and all they had to do was sign a form. They nearly all had stoned out voices and acted indifferent I mentioned the dollar amount that we were holding for them. At this point, a light bulb went on in their heads and they said they would come to sign the form.

Why did this piss me off so much? Because when I was their age, I was responsible for myself. Yes, I had financial aid, but I also had a job and paid my own bills. Sure, I didn't balance my checkbook as often as I should have, but I certainly would have noticed missing three thousand dollars. These kids, and I do call them kids because they each had the maturity level of a high school freshmen, don't deserve free money. I propose legislation that would take the money from kids like this and give it to responsible students who may be the same age, but are adults.


I normally am a very cool headed person, and it pisses me off even more that these little brats can so royally piss me off.

Anyways, peace out all and word to your respective mothers.

No comments: