Thursday, November 19, 2009

Internet approved commentary!!!

Yes I've neglected my personal blog, especially since expanding IRWatch beyond just international news. But I've got some exciting news, my last post went viral! Hurray! In just a day and a half, my readership's gone up 1665% and I can honestly say that I've had readers from 41 countries and 40 states.

Thanks Google Analytics!

--
Update:  At the encouragement of a few friends, I dug a little deeper to see where all the hits were coming from.  No other blog linked to it, all I got from G-Analytics is that it's entirely twitter / direct link (email?) phenomenon.  Doing a little more research, I found a way to follow the story in one of children of tinyurl - bit.ly (you can also note, that I didn't use bit.ly for the link, I used sl.im).  I can see at least with this one that it's been retweeted 13 times, one of which by Matt Cutts, "Head of webspam team at Google." http://twitter.com/mattcutts. That would explain why so many people in California are reading it; he's got 40000 followers.

--
Update 2: Also retweeted by Henk van Ess, a Dutch CEO and author of books on google.  He's got 14000 followers...  it's fun to watch the wave.  Incidentally, when can I get some wave invites so I can actually talk to friends on Google Wave?

--
Update 3: A family member mentioned that if you do a google search of "Google Scholar Law," a reference to my article is on the first page (a reference to Matt Cutt's Tweet).  It's probably because I kind of dubbed the phrase "google scholar - law" because google scholar has been preexisting for years, and on that page you actually have to choose the "legal opinions and journals" box to get cases.


No comments: